We are committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including the Australian Privacy Principles (collectively, Privacy Law), in respect of the collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal information.
- What is personal information?
Personal information is any information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who can be reasonably identified from the information or opinion. Information or an opinion may be personal information regardless of whether it is true.
- What personal information do we collect?
The information we collect from you may include your identity and contact details, your history of purchases and use of our products and services and details of enquiries or complaints you make.
We may collect information about how you access, use and interact with the website. We may do this by using a range of tools such as Google Analytics and similar tools. This information may include (without limitation):
- the location from which you have come to the site and the pages you have visited; and
- technical data, which may include IP address, the types of devices you are using to access the website, device attributes, browser type, language and operating system.
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- job title;
- billing, mailing and/or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- age or date of birth;
- health information;
- time zone information;
- financial, bank and/or credit card information;
- drivers licence details and other forms of personal identification;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- preferences and interests;
- details of enquiries or complaints you make;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through the Services (including our website) or indirectly through your use of our Services or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- register to use the Services (including via our website);
- complete registration or enquiry forms, order any products or services from us or third party merchants, publish reviews, upload content, participate in message boards, blogs and/or any other user generated content facilities or send emails to us;
- request, book, process, enquire and/or order and confirm any services and products in connection with the Services from us and/or any of our related bodies corporate, agents, suppliers, contractors and/or merchants; or
- communicate with us and/or any of our related bodies corporate, agents, suppliers, contractors and/or merchants and/or any of the users of the Services through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with such persons from other applications, services or websites.
We will generally collect personal information directly from you. We may also collect personal information from third parties (including third party data analytic service providers) and publicly available sources of information. We may use personal information supplied by you or a third party to source additional personal information from publicly available sources of information.
Where lawful and practical, you have the right to remain anonymous or to make use of a pseudonym, however if you choose to remain anonymous or to use a pseudonym, we and our third party contractors and merchants may not be able to provide you with access to some or all of our products or services.
Please do not submit your personal information to us if you do not wish for us to collect it.
- Sensitive information
Some personal information (for example, race, ethnicity, and health information) is sensitive and requires a higher level of protection under the Privacy Law. We will not generally collect any sensitive information from you which we consider are unnecessary to our services. We will only collect such sensitive information when we have your express consent for us to do so and the collection is reasonably necessary for us to provide our products and/or services or pursue one or more of our functions or activities, or where the information is required or authorised by law or necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
- Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
The primary purpose for which we may collect, hold, process, use and disclose your personal information is so that we can:
- provide you with products, services and information, and manage our relationship with you;
- contact you, for example, to respond to your queries or complaints, or if we need to tell you something important;
- comply with our legal obligations and assist government and law enforcement agencies or regulators and/or enforce our agreements with third parties;
- identify and tell you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you;
- send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- inform you about the latest changes to our website, products, services or promotional offers that you may be interested in;
- administer our newsletter and any rewards, surveys or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- personalise your use of our website;
- operate, protect, improve and optimise products and services along with our Services, including to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you; and
If you do not provide us with your personal information we may not be able to provide you with our services, communicate with you or respond to your enquiries.
Personal information and other data collected by us may be shared with related bodies corporate within our group.
We may also disclose your personal information to trusted third party suppliers who also holds other information about you. These third parties may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
If we receive unsolicited personal information about or relating to you and we determine that such information could have been collected in the same manner if we had solicited the information, then we will treat it in the same way as solicited personal information and in accordance with the Privacy Law. Otherwise if we determine that such information could not have been collected in the same manner as solicited personal information, and that information is not contained in a Commonwealth record, we will, if it is lawful and reasonable to do so, destroy the information or de-identify the information.
- Who collects the personal information?
Personal information may be collected directly by us, our agents or by our trusted business partners acting on our behalf, such as technology providers and trusted data service providers.
Information may also be collected by us on behalf of other people as set out in notices given to individuals, or consents given by individuals, at or prior to the time the personal information is collected.
- How do we collect your personal information?
We will only collect personal information by lawful and fair means.
If it is reasonable and practical to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. We may also collect personal information from other companies that are able to disclose it to us, if it’s not practical to collect it from you. For example, we may obtain personal information from trusted data sources to help us identify additional information about people who might be interested in hearing about particular products and services.
We may collect information from third parties including where you:
(a) request, book and confirm services and products from us and/or any of our related bodies corporate, agents, suppliers, contractors and/or merchants;
(b) communicate with us and/or any of our related bodies corporate, agents, suppliers, contractors and/or merchants through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with such persons from other social applications, services or websites; or
(c) interact with the websites, services, content and advertising of us and/or any of our related bodies corporate, agents, suppliers, contractors and/or merchants.
- Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We and/or our related bodies corporate, business partners, agents, suppliers, contractors and/or merchants may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services and/or products. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the Privacy Law. You may be given the option to sign up for our email newsletter and other electronic communications from time to time. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (for example, an unsubscribe link).
- To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- our employees, related bodies corporate, agents and contractors;
- our third party suppliers, merchants and service providers (including providers for the operation of the Services, and/or our website and/or our business or in connection with providing goods and services to you);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators (for example, merchants receiving card payments);
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our Services;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- organisations to whom we outsource functions (including information technology providers, print service providers and mail houses);
- with your consent (express or implied), to specific third parties to receive information held by us;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
We may share information about you with suppliers that we engage to help us provide certain services and/or functionality – for example online payment processing. We will use commercially reasonable endeavours to take steps to control and be responsible for the use of your information by such suppliers. While we cannot guarantee the security of this information, we will use reasonable endeavours to ensure the third party protects the personal information from unauthorised use or disclosure (Data Breach). If we become aware of a Data Breach from the third party, we will notify you of the Data Breach and will endeavour to work with you to limit the potential impact.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information without your consent if the disclosure is:
- to comply with applicable laws and government or regulatory bodies’ lawful requests for information;
- required in order to investigate an unlawful activity;
- required by an enforcement body for investigate activities; or
- necessary to prevent a serious and imminent threat to a person’s life, health or safety, or to public health or safety.
Subject to obtaining your consent, we may also supply personal information about you to third parties other than as set out above.
- Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to related bodies corporate, employees, agents, contractors and/or merchants, third party suppliers, service providers and information technology and cloud services providers located in countries other than Australia.
When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with the Privacy Law. Further, the overseas recipient of personal information may be subject to a foreign law that could compel the disclosure of personal information to a third party, such as an overseas authority. In such case, we will not be responsible for that disclosure. We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
- Cookies and third party websites
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website and social media accounts.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may provide the information we gather from cookies to third parties for the above purposes and for other purposes connected with our website. If cookie information is linked with personal information we hold about you as set out above, this cookie information becomes personal information and will be treated in the same manner as the personal information to which it has been linked.
- Keeping your personal information secure
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. We will use reasonable efforts to employ best practice to protect all data held or protected by us, for example, we conduct regular audits to assess our security measures. However, as our website and mobile application are linked to the internet, and the internet is vulnerable to penetration by nefarious actions, we cannot guarantee the security of the personal information you provide us online.
In the unlikely event that there is an unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, we will notify you of the data breach and will undertake an investigation into how the data breach occurred and its likely severity. As part of this, we will endeavour to work with you and the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner to limit the impact, and any reoccurrence, of the breach.
- Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the information below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why.
We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
- Making a complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Law, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us using the details set out below. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time.
If you believe we have not adequately dealt with your complaint, you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner about the way we handle your personal information. The Commissioner can be contacted at:
GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
Phone: 1300 363 992
- Contact Us
Attention: The Privacy Officer
Suite 1, Ground Level, 179 Marius St
Tamworth NSW 2340
Telephone: 02 6766 5222