Department of Regional NSW
- Stakeholder and Community Engagement
- Since 2017, the NSW Government’s Regional Growth Fund has provided $3.3 billion to help regional communities attract investment, generate jobs, grow local economies and improve resident lifestyles
- Assist the Department of Regional NSW by identifying media and communications opportunities arising from projects funded under the Regional Growth Fund
- From July 2021 to June 2023, Seftons monitored the progress of community development projects and identified opportunities for media and communications activities from more than 2,000 projects funded under the four NSW Government grant programs – Stronger Country Communities Fund (SCCF), Growing Local Economies Regional Growth, Environment and Tourism Fund, and Resources for Regions
- To track projects’ milestones and opportunities for promotion, Seftons regularly engaged with representatives from regional Councils across NSW, individual project leads, and community groups
- Information received from Seftons’ regular engagements with grant recipients from across NSW were recorded in media and communications opportunities calendars
- These calendars enabled the Department of Regional NSW to coordinate promotional activities, media events, and Ministerial or local member visits to ensure the many regional development projects and investments were acknowledged and recognised
Talking about what matters.
As one of the most influential voices in rural, regional and remote Australia, we shine a light on what matters. From distilling the latest research, to tackling the biggest issues of the day, we provide thought leadership on what’s shaping our industries, sectors and communities.
20 December 2023
2023 Year in Review: Trade gains, biosecurity pain and buyback strain mark 2023 as industry looks to new year to consolidate wins, address challenges