Australian Rural Leadership Foundation (ARLF)
- Strategy Development
- Media Relations
- Develop and implement a communications strategy to support the Australian Rural Leadership Foundation’s (ARLF) delivery of the Future Drought Fund’s Drought Resilience Leaders Development Program (DRLDP)
- The strategy focussed on educating and raising awareness of the program and telling the stories and experiences of the people taking part
- Counsel was also provided to ARLF in relation to on-ground stakeholder engagement and leveraging consortia partner channels to maximise information sharing through networks
- Given the multi-faceted and complex nature of the program, Seftons developed and implemented individual strategies to deliver communication outcomes for the ARLF to support:
- The Drought Resilience Leaders Development Program (DRLDP) which focused on 12 of the most drought affected regions across Australia
- Drought Resilience Mentoring Program (DRM) – a nationwide initiative
- Community Extension Grants (CEG) available to eligible DRLDP participants
- Storytelling about selected program participants and their experiences
- 40 media releases and alerts drafted and distributed to promote the program
- Significant media coverage across TV, radio, print and online as well as, podcasts.
- Seven region-based studies and seven mentor/mentee stories
- 17 print and radio advertisements
- Successful delivery of the Drought Resilience Leaders Development Program resulted in ARLF securing Commonwealth Government Funding for Phase 2 of the project
Talking about what matters.
As one of the most influential voices in rural, regional and remote Australia, we shine a light on what matters. From distilling the latest research, to tackling the biggest issues of the day, we provide thought leadership on what’s shaping our industries, sectors and communities.
20 December 2023
2023 Year in Review: Trade gains, biosecurity pain and buyback strain mark 2023 as industry looks to new year to consolidate wins, address challenges